Friday, March 22, 2013

Lenten Post 10: Dear Lindsay...

(Having written to each of my nieces, I have decided throughout this year I am going to dedicate a post to family and close friends on their birthdays...)

Dear Lindsay,
There are times in life where the Lord leads us, and we do not understand why. We are obedient and the blessings that come from obedience are abundant. I still to this day am amazed the Lord ordained a "meeting at the rehab pool" that has turned into a life-long friendship. When I went in to speak with you that day, I had no idea a friendship would be born. But what a blessing in knowing the Lord works in all circumstances, while I went in with the idea of you mentoring a young student, the Lord had other plans. Words can not express how grateful and thankful I am to the Lord for bringing you into my life. It is as if the Lord knew I needed another "sister." (And seeing how closely you and Christy resemble each other in your treatment of me, I often question His "thinking!"...this past weekend, both of you on the sofa asking for me to wait on you?!?) Christy had moved to Charleston and the times I had spent with her and her family were no longer as frequent, my grandfather had just passed away, I was about to move, and the Lord moved you into my life. In the eyes of the world, not the best of timing, but in the eyes of the Lord perfect timing. He ordained each step in the beginning of our friendship and He has continued to ordain each step along the way. There have been moments where it seemed our friendship may fail, there have been moments where it seemed we would give up and walk away, there have been moments where all we knew was frustration and disappointment, anger and hurt. But out of those moments of darkness, the light has shown and in the place of frustration disappointment anger and hurt has grown patience encouragement forgiveness and love. The Lord has molded our friendship like none other, the Lord is the center and will be the center of our lives. He has taken us together from the depths of hurt and placed us in the ocean of joy. I praise Him for He is faithful to answer the prayers of His children, He is faithful in restoring those He chooses to restore. I praise Him daily for our friendship, our true sisterhood for He is Who has made it great, He is who has sustained it. You are truly irreplaceable, uniquely you, no one else can serve the place in my life that you serve, for the Lord created you distinctly you. Lindsay, you are a beautiful and talented woman of faith. Your love for the Lord is contagious and passionate. Your desire to follow Him is so zealous that when you fail you are truly heartbroken and discouraged. However, do not see your failures as disappointments, do not hold on to the guilt and pain. You are forgiven you are loved; you have been shown mercy and grace. The Lord has spoken over you and claimed you, you are marked with a seal and can not be broken. Your battles have been won, your victory is there. You are greater than the world because He Who is living and moving inside of you has already overcome the world. The last chapter of your story is written, the last battle has already been fought, the outcome has already been decided! You will suffer, you will fall, you will hurt, you will be broken down battered and abused. For our time here on earth is short but we are to suffer as He suffered, we are surrounded by a world and a flesh that want to tear us down and keep us down, but take heart Sis, you are not of this world! You have been bought with a prize, you are a treasure, you are an heir, you are clothed with strength and with dignity! Through all my years of attempting to mentor young women (and young men), I have learned that I can not change them, I can not make them change how they feel how they act how they see what is around them, but I can pray. I can encourage. I can uplift. I can be. I look forward to the day with eager excitement and anticipation when your chains are gone, when the bondage is no more, when all your desires and passions are met, when you can dance with joy over the blessings the Lord has provided, when you see all you have prayed for come to fruition. I praise Him for all He has done and is doing in your life. I praise Him for the woman of faith you desire to be. I praise Him for the woman of passion and love you exemplify. You are loved and you are loved abundantly. May He do far more in your life than you can ever imagine.....Love you so much...Your Older Wiser Sister...

No comments:

Post a Comment