Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day to Remember....9/11

Life is truly about perspective, we will all see and view events a little differently. As my mini-feed comes up I see so many status updates about remembering 9/11. For me, it was just another day. My roommate and I were rushed to see the events unfolding on tv in a teacher's room, but we weren't sure what was happening, our team was asleep, so we made a couple calls to family back home, but phone lines were clogged and it was difficult to get through. We were called back in the middle of the night, and were able to get a little bit more information, we put notes under our teammates doors and went to back sleep. I woke up the next morning, taught my classes, watched the news coverage briefly during lunch, but couldn't understand what they were saying, it was all Chinese, again called friends and family and made sure they were ok. Yes, there was the initial moment of fear but the fear was in the not knowing if those I loved were safe, the fear was in the knowing people back home were suffering, and the greatest fear was of the unknown. But our lives in China quickly returned to normal after a couple days, lives here have never returned back to normal. I remember my getting off of the plane in LA summer 2012 and seeing flags and God Bless the USA all over a city that laughs at the mention of the Lord or my trip to NYC and seeing ground zero, or watching the 1st year anniversary on television, that is when it became real. But the emotions and feelings that are prevalent on this day in our nation I will never truly be able to understand, I was not here, I did not endure. Perspective...September to me means the birth of my first niece, the short life she lived, the time we had...all about perspective. Praying for all who grieve, grieving may last for the night but Joy comes in the morning! Praying our nation will not have to endure another tragedy just to see we need the Lord. I have a hope and I have a peace and I know Who holds even the greatest of tragedies in His hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment