Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lenten Post 1: Starting A New...

It has been a while since I last sat down and put my thoughts to words on a page. A lot has happened, from the birthday's of my nieces to holidays to the birth of a new little one, trials have mounted and blessings have abounded. We are almost a week into Lent and while I have already failed miserably at my Lenten fasts, I know today is a new day...so I am starting a new. As I have grown older it is easier for me to write than to speak face to face. Now, do not get me wrong, I love public speaking. If only the Lord had called me to be another Beth Moore, but there is only one Beth....she is truly one of a kind. But He has called me to be Jynne Stowe...with all the faults, sins, desires, goals, dreams, characteristics, talents, and gifts He has given me. So to the blog I will yet again head, starting a new. I may make it a year of writing, I may only make it through Lent, but I know the Lord has placed words on my heart, and if they are only for me to write to Him then that is all He truly wants. If they happen to bless others in the process then praise Him. One thing I have learned as I have gotten "wiser in my old age;)" is that the Lord's mercies are truly new every morning, that when our head hits the pillow at night and when it rises the next morning there is a new day He has given, there are new blessings to be counted, there are new opportunities to be taken, and the past is behind. His mercies are truly new every morning. And the one thing that never changes from dust to dawn is His faithfulness. Now, this does not give us the right to live as we desire constantly making excuses for "known" mistakes sinning with the thought of "I know I will be forgiven, tomorrow will be a new day." His forgiveness, grace, and mercy are not to be taken lightly nor for granted for if we truly desire Christ will will not desire to live in the flesh, sins and mistakes will be made but they are quickly repented of and turned from. But it does give us the comfort in knowing that what has been, has been and what will be, will be, but through it all His mercies are new every morning and His faithfulness is the same yesterday, today, and forever. To all who have started a Lenten fast and have already failed before even truly starting, start a new. For all who are struggling with the past, start a new. For all who are bogged down with the weight of sin, start a new. For all who are battling so many thoughts of the mind it feels like a 3-ring circus has come to town in your mind, start a new. His mercies are new every morning, Great is His Faithfulness....when we are not faithful, He is faithful, because He does not and can not disown His own. Today is a new day....praise Him in it, no matter what may come no matter what may fall in your path, He is faithful yesterday today tomorrow and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment