Sunday, February 5, 2012

Just Another Little Thought...


What happens when I set a precedent or an expectation I should not have set or the Lord did not truly desire me to set? For example at work, I work overtime; I overwork; it consumes my time, my energy; it takes me away from time with family, with the Lord, but because I've worked like I have people now expect me to do certain things and be certain ways.  Or in life, I've acted certain ways, been certain places, behaved certain ways, said certain things, developed relationships that maybe the Lord wasn't desiring to go as they have, but because I've set the precedent at work, in life, or in any situation,  expectations have now been set. What happens when I desire to change my actions and behaviors and set new expectations? What if I finally desire to set the expectations for my work and life based on what the Lord says instead of what the world says? People won't understand. 
People will question me and make me question my decisions. There may have to be difficult conversations and difficult changes. Satan will try to put people and obstacles in my way. I will have to be bold; I will stand out; I will be different. I will have to be committed to changes and dedicated to making them. I cannot back down; I cannot succomb to people or pressures. I cannot worry. I will have to be committed to following the precedent and expectations set by one person Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment