Monday, February 20, 2012

Tonight's Thoughts....

Last week, a sweet friend of our family had posted this prayer on her Facebook status. It was truly a blessing that I saw the posting, because I am limiting my time on Facebook, and I am not scrolling through my mini feeds. As I read, I realized that every thought, every word I had tried to gather and speak was staring me in the face. How many times have I truly desired to please the Lord and follow His will and then wondered if I was in fact following His will? As I sit here looking into the future and looking back at the past, I have so many questions and doubts and frustrations and confusion, yet all I desire inside is to please the Lord. When we come to a place of question, a place of discouragement, of doubt, of loss, where as the prayer says we feel we are lost, there is only One place we can turn to truly find peace, comfort, joy. I do not have all the answers. I sit here with the same questions and concerns as everyone else has, with the same doubts and wonders....but I pray that the Lord sees my heart's desire is to please Him, even as hard as it may be. May this be a blessing to those who read it and take it into the depths of their soul and believe the Lord hears those who call and desire His will:


'My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going, I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know thyself, And the fact that I think I am following your will doesn't mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing. And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.' (Thomas Merton)

No comments:

Post a Comment